Bath vs Worcester

Bath put an end to their losing run when they beat Worcester 30-13 at the Rec. The Blue, Black and Whites scored through Semesa Rokoduguni, Tom Eliis and Elliot Stooke, Freddie Burns also kicked 15 points. Worcester defended well throughout the game and scored a try through Ryan Mills which meant that the Warriors were only 6 points down at half time. Bath now sit at 6th in the league with Worcester lying in 9th. 



Todd Blackadder said after the game "We were obviously under a little bit of pressure leading into this game."

The Kiwi said, "We want to be a top four team." 

Bath seem to be back on track but their recent form has been poor as they hadn't won a game since September. 

The Bath DOR seemed pleased with his teams result; "as the game went on we really built into the performance."

"I thought our scrum was outstanding and the line out was really good."

Blackadder, who was critical of the Anglo Welsh Cup last season, said that "the Prem Cup has served us really well. A really good example of that is Ruaridh (McConnochie) and Josh Bayliss.' 

Captain Matt Garvey is"extremely proud of the boys" but admits that "it's been a difficult period."  

Garvey said that "there's been a lot of external pressure and rightly so because of our players and the club we are and I think that it's just important that we got the win."  

"There's different types of pressure. There was pressure from external factors, the supporters and they have the right to do that. 

"The pressure that I am referring to is pressure within the group that we put ourselves under."

"We put ourselves under pressure to perform because we know how good we are and the calibre of team we can be and how dangerous we can be." 

"The pressure has been a good thing. I think we are in a position this year to handle that pressure better this year. We've brought in a sports psychologist which has been awesome."

"We challenge each other to a level where we demand more because we want to be a successful team."  

Man of the match Elliott Stooke was also pleased with his teams performance.  

"We really ground out a win today." However, the second row thought that "the scoreline flatters us a little bit." 


When questioned about what he needs to do to get into the England team, Stooke said "Max effort repeats"

"Getting up and going again. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Hopefully I did alright out there today."

The lock has just signed a two year contract extension with Bath and believes that "Bath is 100% the right club for me." 

"When I left my previous club I needed to get out of my comfort zone I was just happy being comfortable and basically being bang average.  This is the right place for me."


"Massive credit goes to Todd Blackadder and Toby Booth. They've been absolutely outstanding with me. They've given me a chance and I can't thank them enough. So when Boothy goes at the end of the season I'll be singing his praises from one end to the other."

Bath will face Newcastle next Friday and will be hoping to build on the momentum that this win over Worcester gives them. 


Comments